Conference program is not yet available
June 19-21, 2018 REA Boot Camp
The AIS Educators Association plans to offer a REA (Resources-Events-Agents) Accounting and Analytics “mini-bootcamp” workshop June 19-21 immediately prior to the 2018 AIS Educators Conference in Denver, Colorado. AACSB’s A7 standard specifies that, as part of their education, accounting graduates should have developed skills and knowledge related to data creation, data storage, data reporting, data mining, data analytics, and data sharing. The AIS Educators’ REA Workshop, led by Dr. Cheryl Dunn, will demonstrate how REA provides a framework that encompasses these skills and knowledge, such that AIS educators should consider teaching REA at either the undergraduate or graduate level using the tools provided in this workshop. Registration for this workshop will also include a follow-up webinar in mid-to-late-July to allow further discussion once participants have had a chance to fully digest the workshop content. That webinar will be recorded for access by workshop attendees who are unable to participate live.
June 21, 2018 Pre-conference Workshop
More information coming soon.
June 22-24, 2018 Regular Conference
Innovative assignments, cases, research papers, or projects addressing the areas of
• Emerging IT concepts and tools in AIS;
• Internal control and auditing systems, REA;
• IT audit;
• Database, enterprise, expert, artificial intelligence and decision-support systems;
• AIS systems implementation issues;
• Tips for AIS Educators;
• Pedagogy, academic integrity and assessment in AIS classes;
• AIS educational research and AIS classroom teaching, including Excel and PowerPoint
The 2018 AIS Educator Conference will be held in Denver, Colorado.